lundi 18 janvier 2010

Welcome to Shireen, our new International Manager !


Hello to you all,

It is with great pleasure that I’m introducing myself to you today. My name is Shireen FRASER (née PATEL) and I started last week in my new role as International Development Manager for the ESCP Europe Alumni Association. It’s a new role for me and a new role for the organisation.

It’s been acknowledged for a long time that there are thousands of alumni outside France who feel somewhat dislocated from the association and do not really know what belonging to it has to offer. That’s where I come in!

This week, I’ll be setting up my base at the ESCP Europe campus, having spent a most enjoyable and interesting week with the team in Paris. I’ve been getting to know my new colleagues in the three main service ‘poles’ of the association: Network Services, Career Development Services and Administration Services and have been impressed with their professional attitude, motivation and friendliness.

I sat in on interesting meetings on the construction of the bimonthly magazine and also the production of the famous alumni directory.

I have also spent time meeting some of the key figures at the Paris campus – those responsible for ESCP Europe’s brand, its products (the programme directors), its fundraising effort (the Foundation) and the ‘big boss’, Pascal Morand. All were most welcoming and supportive of the role.
Some personal stuff:

I am British, born in Pakistan and here since I was 7. I studied Computer Science and Maths at Bristol University and then worked in computer graphics before spending 11 years at British Airways. My work there began in IT, moved to Ground Ops Planning at Heathrow and then into the Strategy Department, where my projects varied from economic analysis to strategy and international alliances. I picked up a marketing diploma and attended some summer schools at the London School of Economics along the way.

I then left for Paris to do my MBA at ESCP-EAP, as it then was, in 2000. This led to my consulting project at Deloitte’s in Neuilly and a year working at Added Value, the French office of a British marketing consultancy.

After this, back to London, marriage and a baby (now 6) and another move to Brussels where I worked for Management Centre Europe (MCE) as a project manager and Powerpoint editor for their management development workshops.

So, what am I actually going to do: with the team, I’m defining projects under various themes, the first of which is Communication.

So, watch this space!

Contact : Shireen FRASER, sfraser@escpeuropealumni.org.







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire